A consortium agreement is required if you want to receive aid for attendance at another law school as a guest student.
A consortium agreement establishes that the "home" institution (Wayne State University Law School) considers you to be enrolled in an eligible program and accepts the credits earned at the "host" institution for credit towards the educational program at the home school. The agreement further specifies that WSU Law School will be responsible for awarding and disbursing your financial aid.
If you are interested in attending another law school as a guest student, please determine if the other school is willing to participate in a consortium agreement with WSU Law School. If so, download and follow the instructions on the following form:
Study Abroad Information
- Wayne Law Program for International Legal Studies
- Information on ABA-Approved Semester Abroad Programs
- Israel Summer Abroad Program
Funding Study Abroad
- WSU Study Abroad and Global Programs Office: Incudes application information for the WSU Global Education Grant, as well as listings for outside scholarship opportunities.
Other Considerations When Traveling
- FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act - By signing a FERPA release you may give us permission to discuss your financial aid with another designated person. This may be useful while you are out of the country.
- Direct Deposit - Direct deposit is an option for receiving excess financial aid directly into your bank account. The direct deposit application can be completed online at WSU Academica.